, , , ,

Hotel Bryggen


Just strolling down the boardwalk next to Bella Bistro(a very popular restaurant)I only came here to sit down with my fiance to discuss wedding invitations, but even after he went to bed, I did not want to leave. Walking along the bridge, I began playing with the settings for a nice picture of myself. That's when curiosity struck me. I came across this hotel. The outside is decorated with lounge chairs, and the moment you walk in you are greeted with a blast of personality(the entire sim has this unique energy of its own). The recessed lighting gave the entrance this modern feel while the wooden counter gave it an old timey feel. The mixture of modern and traditional textiles just lures one into what else this place has to offer.


If it was not for my curiosity I never would have found this place...A few places I have covered have been featured on the destination list...

Second Norway is the name of the sim and this Hotel Bryggen was made for this blog. If it was not for my curiosity I never would have found this place. (Speaking of finding places, since I started this blog a few of  the places I have covered have been getting attention(Enchanted Tiki for starters). Even with their traffic being low, they are being recognized by Lindens and placed on the destination list.) We are talking under 300 on the traffic reading. Walking down the stairs, you enter this dining area, complete with a fireplace. A buffet table sits off in the corner and this fireplace just grabs your attention on the way down the stairs. I have never seen one like it before. Complete with a china cabinet and it even has china in it! (yes, china in it!). The ceiling was even interesting, exposed wood with intricate carvings, this place just kept getting better.



Once you come down from the high of the fireplace, if you take the time to go upstairs (I took the stairs the first time, I wish I didn't, keep reading to find out why) you will find a hallway with several doors. These hotel rooms are beyond amazing. Complete with vanities, art, taxidermy and very pleasing wallpaper, I actually wanted to rent a room here for like a month. The bathrooms are complete with toilets and bathtubs. Even one of the tubs in the other room was a clawfoot tub(the kind every woman wants, deep down men love them too,lol).



The bearskin rug under your feet and the amazing windows letting the sunrise hit your face, this place is one that really deserves as much attention as possible. The thoughtfulness is what I live for, the attention to details and the placement is what drives me to visit and explore. Upon exiting the room, I noticed the elevator, usually I refuse to pay any elevator any mind because nine times out of ten they disappointment with a "Sit" button or a right click teleport button and that just kills my vibe. But, I regretted instantly not clicking on the button when those "normal" options did not appear. My thoughts began racing, "Is this a real elevator?", "I am actually waiting for an elevator?", "OOO I wonder what it will look like inside.." and when those golden doors open, my heart lit up like  fireworks on a summer night. That plush carpet and those gold framed panels met my eyes and I was in love.


My thoughts began racing, "Is this a real elevator?", "I am actually waiting for an elevator?"


Love struck me again as I pushed the button to go back down to the lobby, and the elevator ride was sooo smooth. Hardly any jumping, (usually when something moves your avatar your screen jumps around) No kind of discomfort and when the doors opened, I hated getting off the marvelous thing. I even rode it two more times just for fun. The owner of this place took their time and methodically placed everything, (even the luggage carriage for the bellhop is amazing).

I will not ruin what other surprises awaits you in this amazing place. I'll give one hint. (walk through the exit door in the Dining Area) You will be floored at the creativity that went into making this place.

News: There is a group now, /Digital Exploration/, I hope you join, it's only 44 Lindens. (like really? wtf you gonna do with 44 Lindens?) This group is for those who crave notices of new blog posts. (I advise you to join cause umm I would if I found a blog like this.)


To visit this location: SLUrl
To join my group: /Digital Exploration/ 
To see more photos of this place and others go here: Flickr

0 comments:

Post a Comment