, , , , , , ,

Month for Farewells


On my way searching for Lola's Social Club, I spawned into the ocean and my heart sank like an anchor. It was gone. The sim was empty and then off in the distance I saw search lights. Hoping the place had just moved over, I flew in that direction. To my surprise it was an entirely different Lounge. Luciano's Jazz Club and Lounge seemed to still be in operation and the set up, utterly amazing. Very relaxing, very chill.

...my heart sank like an anchor...




Just as I began to feel the atmosphere, I look over at a sign. Again, my heart sank. "Luciano's Farewell" it said. A little piece of me died cause I did not get a chance to enjoy this place. Luckily, the owner was online and I got a chance to meet him. Luciano Lionheart. His revelation of the reason why the club was closing was due to the sim closing and some RL(real life) situations. I expressed my condolences and let him know how much I loved the place. When you create something in Second Life and it takes up your time, you try your best to keep it going. It drives you to log in and it fires up your imagination every time you log in. Owning a place of business is hardwork, no matter the platform. What breaks my heart even more is that the traffic here never got over 850.

A little piece of me died...


These are not the only places that have left us in this cold month of January. Embassy is gone and that place had high traffic, it served as the meeting grounds for a good friend and DJ, Keli Kyrie. From what I understand, Embassy closed due to Real Life situations as well. Industry, a spot I learned about through the owner of Blithe, is gone too. My heart hurts that I did not get enough pictures of these places. I had major plan's for Lola's Social Lounge and now they are in ashes. I am also hurt cause I do not have any photos of the club other than myself at Industry, (I was too laggy to take them and the place was always packed).

Embassy served as the meeting grounds for a life long friend...



Lola's Social Lounge was a sight to see! It was very busy, but very high end and classy. It will be missed and I have high hopes that these places will eventually return to Second Life. Just so many did not get a chance to visit and experience these places, it upsets me. 



So many did not get a chance to visit and experience these places...


But we do get some reprieve, on January 30th we get to bid farewell to Luciano's Jazz Club and Lounge.

As featured in the owners profile, Luciano Lionheart has given us his last words on a place he has dedicated two years of his life to:

Designed by Luciano Lionheart and built by Catta Grizot in 2014.
Luciano's Jazz Club played an important role in fostering the appreciation of Jazz in Second Life with a exceptional live music schedule for the jazz enthusiast every single Saturday, all year long.
The Jazz club was touted as exceptionally elegant, intimate and a real live music hot-spot by The SL Enquirer. Showtime Magazine called it a breathtaking space with the focal point around musical enchantment.
In Januray 2016 Luciano's closed it's doors after hosting more then 70 performers and just over a thousand live performances.

The feels did not kick in until I began paying more attention to the photos on the wall. A memory wall slapped me in the face with some hard feels. Amazing photos of people enjoying this establishment, I got a chance to relive the past two years with them. From fireworks to Live Performances, the feels almost brought tears to my eyes.



I ask that everyone support this place on January 30th! Let's show our appreciation for this wonderful Jazz Club.

To visit this place: Click Here(will open your viewer)

There are tons more photos on my Flickr. Enjoy my friends! and Keep Exploring!


0 comments:

Post a Comment